QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

扫一扫,访问微社区

搜索

ability to adapt his system to maximize the talents o

马上注册,结交更多好友,享用更多功能,让你轻松玩转社区。

您需要 登录 才可以下载或查看,没有帐号?立即注册

x
NEW YORK -- Between the 15th and 16th picks in Thursday nights draft came a very special selection by the NBA. Scarpe Tiger Uomo . Commissioner Adam Silver announced at that point that the NBA would let Isaiah Austin fulfil the dream of every young player, making him a ceremonial pick. Just over a week ago, the sophomore centre from Baylor was diagnosed with Marfan syndrome, a rare genetic disorder that affects the heart. It ended his playing career. The illness was discovered during a physical for the draft. "For Commissioner Silver to even invite me here was a tremendous blessing and it just shows how much class that man has," Austin said. "Its really been a tough week for me, and its been really rough. Ive just had a tremendous amount of support from everybody around the world, telling me theyre praying for me and everything. I cant thank everybody enough." The crowd at Barclays Center rose to its feet as Austin, sitting in the waiting area with most of the first-round picks, hugged family members and put on a generic NBA cap. He went up to the stage and posed with Silver, just as all the drafts picks do when they are called. During the season, the 7-foot-1 Austin revealed he had a prosthetic right eye after multiple operations couldnt repair a detached retina. Austin, expected to be a high pick when healthy, said he felt he has "a great story to share." He said Baylor coach Scott Drew has already offered him a coaching position with the Bears. "I have a whole life ahead of me," Austin said. "Im not going to sit here and Im not going to sulk about not being able to play basketball anymore, because I can still be involved with the game somehow or some way." Austin said there was plenty to enjoy on what would have been his draft day. "Just being around all the draftees and seeing my friends get drafted, it just brings joy in my heart because I know how hard we work to get to this point," Austin said. "Ive been through it. ... Just to see how people persevere through their own problems, because everybody has their own problems. Its touching and its heart-warming, really." Minutes after Austin made the walk across the stage, there were comments on social media. Kevin Love of the Minnesota Timberwolves tweeted: "Happy Isaiah Austin was able to hear his name called at the NBA draft. Very cool to see." The 1991 Heisman Trophy winner Desmond Howard tweeted: "Adam Silver hasnt been on the job 12 mos and is already doing a remarkable job! Very classy move. God bless Isaiah Austin." Kevin Durant of the Oklahoma City Thunder tweeted: "Adam silver is such a classy man! Thats love right there. Im emotional for him. Damn I love that." Austin is already spreading his message of perseverance. "I want people to know they can push through anything, because Ive done it," he said. "I just want them to know they have the power within themselves to do it if they keep faith and a positive attitude." Gel Lyte v Shop Online .C. -- Glenn Howard needed an extra end to move into the Masters Grand Slam of Curling final. Asics Aaron Online Shop . Jagr had a goal and two assists, Andy Greene scored 43 seconds into overtime and Marek Zidlicky had two goals as the Devils rallied past the Washington Capitals 5-4 Saturday night. CLEVELAND -- David Blatt went overseas to chase his basketball dreams. Hes coming back to fulfil them. One of Europes top coaches, Blatt was hired Friday by the Cavaliers, who ended a sweeping, 39-day search with an out-of-the-box selection they hope changes their fortunes. American-born, Princeton-schooled and considered one of the games brightest offensive minds, the 55-year-old Blatt has long been interested in coaching in the NBA and the Cavs will give him his first shot. The club signed him to a reported three-year deal that includes a team option for a fourth year. Cleveland contacted high-profile college coaches and interviewed both retreaded head coaches and on-the-rise assistants before zeroing in and landing Blatt, who won several European titles while coaching in Israel and guided Russia to a bronze medal at the London Olympics two years ago. "David Blatt is going to bring some of the most innovative approaches found in professional basketball anywhere on the globe," Cavs owner Dan Gilbert said. "Time and time again, from Russia to Israel and several other prominent head coaching jobs in between, David has done one thing: win. He is not only an innovator, well-trained and focused on both sides of the court, but he is always learning and always teaching. "Whether you are a top draft pick just entering the league, or a seasoned NBA veteran, Coach Blatt is going to take your gamme and the game of the team you are playing for to a new and higher level. Scarpe Onitsuka Tiger. Thats just who the man is and we are proud to call him our new head coach." Blatt will be introduced by the team Wednesday, one day before the club picks first in this years NBA draft. Clevelands third coach in three years, Blatt replaces Mike Brown, who was fired -- for the second time -- on May 12, a few weeks after the Cavs finished 33-49 and missed the playoffs for the fourth straight season. Blatt was not believed to be on Clevelands radar early in its search, but that changed when he resigned at Maccabi Tel Aviv to pursue an NBA gig. Blatt also was coveted as an assistant by Golden State and Minnesota, but the Cavs made him the first European coach to make the jump to the NBA. "David is a great basketball coach and a special person," said Cavs general manager David Griffin. "His abilities to communicate, to build relationships with his players and to foster winning environments at several stops throughout Europe and across the highest levels of International competition speak for itself. He brings unbridled passion, energy and creativity to his craft. "I have watched Davids work for many years. He has an uncanny ability to adapt his system to maximize the talents of his teams year after year. That is why I am very confident he will make a smooth transition to the NBA." Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys China Cheap Jerseys From China Cheap NFL Jerseys Authentic Wholesale Jerseys China Cheap NFL Jerseys China NFL Cheap Jerseys ' ' '
发表于 2017-6-19 14:20:05 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式

回复 | 使用道具 举报

该帖共收到 0 条回复!
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

美图秀

热门活动

热门推荐

QQ|Archiver|手机版|祈心阁朋友商圈

GMT+8, 2017-6-27 13:24 , Processed in 0.095640 second(s), 30 queries , Gzip On.